“See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
1 THESSALONIANS 5:15–18
It’s the time of year again which reminds each and every one of us to be more thankful. We think towards gratitude of the past year and often reminisce on the many blessings that have came our way.
This year I am thankful for new friends, new challenges, new chapters, new beginnings and new seasons because with every season comes challenge, and every challenge comes growth.
I challenge you to reflect on the past 12 months and see where your blessings lie, what challenges came, how much you learned and what you are truly grateful for this Thanksgiving season.
Answer these questions with gumption and grace and reflect upon the blessings in your life:
1. What has been the best part of 2019?
2. What have you learned over the past 12 months?
3. What am I grateful for?
4. How am I better today than I was a year ago?
5. What were my strengths this year?
6. What weakness have I discovered this year that I can work on next year?
7. How was my body an ally this year?
8. What opportunity presented themselves this year?
9. Who made a difference in my world this year?
10. Who did I learn from the most this year?
11. What was the most surreal act of kindness that I accomplished this year?
12. How did I help others this year?
13. How did others help me this year?
14. What do I appreciate about my city, state (province), or country?
15. What is one thing that I know I can accomplish over the next 12 months, and what resources do I have to be able to do that?
We all have something to be grateful for even if at times it doesn’t feel like it. I hope that you will take the time to feel your blessings.